Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Bike Ride, some Pale Ale and an Irish Journo - yes, I am back!

Me, self-portrait, at Pine Point Rapids
I have been away for awhile, literally and figuratively, and for that I do apologize.  I was on a kitchen mission and while it was a good one in other ways it made me realize that some things can just not work out the way one would like.  That being said I would still go back to that kitchen if certain conditions were changed.

And it was not just the kitchen but a few broken promises, promises that I thought would maybe set me up for the rest of my life (well maybe not the rest of it but a damned good start to a "new" phase of Ownership) as an owner as opposed to an employee.  Hard sometimes to get things done when there are so many variables at play.  And before anyone starts to think that I was victimized in any way - no.  I met some very kind and generous folks.....I am still in transition I suppose.....that is my monkey on my back to deal with and no one else's.

I felt guilty for a time not writing.  Everytime I tried I just felt dejected or that I would be on some sort of placation mission.  That is not good writing.  Good writing comes from inspiration and in the case today, comes in a very natural way by virtue of meeting another fellow writer.....Eoghan Corry I salute you.  I also think you are hot but that is for another day....heheheh.

I love my bike rides for I never know what may happen.

Our conversation today was seamless and for that I was grateful.  It is rare in one's journeys to meet up with folks who when you meet them realize and say to you that they felt like they have known you for years.....that was so....I dunno, uplifting - not like my bra but much better.  We could talk as colleagues and joke and flirt as humans.

I almost felt like I was being interviewed and I rolled with it for like my Irish counterpart I too love to share stories and anecdotes.  I would not be happy if I could not tell stories....after all, why do shit if one cannot share in it.  Kind of a base way to put things but I do not care.  There will be many more chances to get more academic perhaps with my discourse.  Today is not that day.

It was kind of sad knowing that Eoghan and his travel mate ( god I forget his name so focused i was on Eoghan's grilling of me) were leaving today....these were two gents that I would have gladly taken back to my home just so we could all talk some more.  But this is a part of travel life that I know all too well - that meeting of the minds and the bittersweet partings....sometimes in life we manage to stay in touch and other times we lose sight of those we met fleetingly....it's just the way things go in our fast-paced world.

What was my point?  Oh yeah....I am back.  Well sort of - I am off next weekend for a private cheffing gig and a chance to work further on the manuscript.  I love being challenged and today I was....

Gracias Eoghan (Owen)....I hope someday to meet you again.  It was so nice to meet someone who was appreciative and someone that I felt comfortable enough with to be just me, a DriveGoddess.

1 comment:

catdance62 said...

glad to see you writing again!