Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Everything is a fucking metaphor regarding...loss

A lightbulb burst tonight in my stove in a rather spectacular fashion and it was not the fact that it burst into shards almost getting into my breads that bugged me but rather the memories of the one who would have had been there to ensure that all was well, it can be replaced and I will help you clean up the shards.....

He is no longer here.....yet, in this big old house I am sometimes confronted, maybe even assaulted, with the reminders of him. It could be something as innocuous as seeing his writing on a label on one of my spice jars....he had very distinctive ways of printing.

When well-meaning folks say to me, go forward - you will heal - blah, blah, blah.....there are times when I would love to smack them down hard for they have no idea as to how I truly feel. I am an emotional fraud in that I rarely show my real feelings for it is one thing I have learned hard and that is this - one always gets kicked harder when they are down.

My ass is sore....as are several other body parts suffering too.

Ah, the metaphor part....that may have to wait.....am I building up to something? Yes. Some stories are best told, or in my case, spewed, when the time is right. Consider this part of a dry run.

No comments: