Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Junkie Love - courtesy of Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen


Yep, today is a good day to share some dialogue on the joy of matrimony courtesy of that great modern romance film - SID AND NANCY.

I shall do my best to transcribe my favourite bit of dialogue where Nancy calls her mum back in the States to tell her that she just got married and would like some money (so her and Sid can get high) and her mom, who no doubt is on to her junkie daughter's ways offers Nancy instead something far more practical.....

Cut to scene, it is night and our lovely couple is squeezed into one of those classic Brit call boxes.....

Mommmmm? Guess what? We got married.....me and Sid - SID VICIOUS!!! Remember Mom, from the SEX PISTOLS (in background Sid yells out HELLO MUM!) What? Oh, you'll love him too...hehehe...yeah....soo so Mom anyway why don't you send us a wedding present? Nooooo, we don't need any sheets.....why don't you send us some money? It's early there right? so you can go to American Express (the desperation grows in Nancy's voice) right now before it closes and you can send us the two hundred dollars and Sid could pick up here tomorrow (London) like first thing when they open and ( mother's doubt muffled over the line) - what???? I am soooo married!!!!!! (Nancy yelling) I AMMMMM!!!! WHADDAYA MEAN????? HE LOVES ME MORE THAN YOU DO!!!!!! YES I AMMMMMMMM!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO, SHUDDUP!!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T SEND US THE MONEY RIGHT NOW WE'RE BOTH GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!! YOU'D LIKE THAT WOULDN'T YOU????!!!! FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! DIE!!!!!! I FUCKING HATE THAT MOTHERFUCKER (more garbled obscenities as she smashes the glass of the call box)......

Nancy yells at Sid.....SHE SAYS WE'D SPEND IT ALL ON DRUGS!!!!!! now here comes the punchline......

Sid - well we would!!

Nancy was to die from stab wounds most likely inflicted by a very stoned-out Vicious who OD'd before he could be proven guilty.

Ain't love grand?

Sid's swan song - a classic to this day if only to prove that everyone has the potential to be exploited.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds so familiar! Fuck you and Die! lol! me and the EX!

the Stiff Rod said...

Well, if one was to see what my ex is "with"? I reserve all comments....

the Stiff Rod said...

BTW there are some creatures who defy description except to say that they are super gnarly

Shaun M Wheeler said...

Speaking of "Super Gnarly", that reminds me... I have to dig out that bit I wrote about myself and my ex back in the 90s!

the Stiff Rod said...

Yeah as I TRY to find the humour about mine - at least his creature is easy to make fun of!!